Baked Brie is simple and elegant. The fresh strawberries and basil really make this appetizer perfect.
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 pint strawberries sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil minced
1/3 cup pecans toasted* and roughly chopped
1 (8 oz) round Brie cheese **
Crackers or sliced toasted baguette for serving!
*To toast your pecans: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. On an unlined baking sheet, spread pecans in an even layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
** The strawberry mixture probably makes enough for 2 wheels of brie, so feel free to heat up 2 wheels OR use the leftover strawberry mixture in another recipe.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar and honey together until well combined.
- Place the sliced strawberries into the mixture, stir to coat the strawberries, and let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and place cheese in center.
- Bake on middle rack until cheese feels very soft when pressed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from fridge and stir in fresh basil and pecans.
- Top brie with strawberry mixture and serve immediately with crackers or toasted baguette slices!